More than 30 volunteers needed!
Calling all interested undergraduate students, and graduate students from all departments in the Faculty of Education, Engineering, and all Sciences. This is a great opportunity to meet leading scholars and researchers in the field of Education, the Learning Sciences and Science Education, as well as have a front row seat to important conversations on the topic of innovations in teaching and learning.
The annual SALTISE conference attracts over 300 university and college instructors, educational researchers and professional development personnel and McGill University is proud to be hosting it this year on May 31st. SALTISE (Supporting Active Learning and Technological Innovation in Studies of Education) is a professional learning community working towards the adoption of evidence-based pedagogies at the post-secondary levels.
In order to guarantee its success, we will need your help. In return, get a free pass to the conference!
Are you interested? Please send us an email at: email@example.com
Volunteers will be needed to help with:
- Installing our way-finding signage
- Greeting conference goers at our info desks
- Registering participants at the beginning of the conference day
- Assisting with traffic flow between sessions
- Helping with lunch distribution
What are we looking for?
- Basic knowledge of McGill’s McIntyre building, Education building, and its surroundings
- Enthusiasm and a welcoming spirit!
How can you participate?
In exchange of 8 hours of work, volunteers will get a free registration to the Conference, free lunch and snacks, and most importantly, a wonderful opportunity to meet and learn from leading scholars and researchers in the field of Education, the Learning Sciences and Science Education.
All volunteers will need to attend one of two training sessions:
- Monday, May 28th, time: 16h30 – 18h00
- Tuesday, May 29th, time: 13h00 – 14h30
If you are interested in being a volunteer for the May 31st Conference please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org