Knowledge and Skills Brought to the Project
CEGEP teachers for the last 9 years, we are currently full-time teachers at College LaSalle. We teach in at least three different programs/disciplines.
- Johnathan Mina teaches in Humanities and The Arts, Literature and Communications program.
- Pascale Warmoes teaches in Special Care Counselling.
As such, our project is inter-disciplinary in nature and is applicable to any program In CEGEPs.
- We are enrolled in the Master’s Teachers Program at Sherbrooke University (Education). The courses favour student-based learning approaches.
- We are comfortable and familiar with the use of technology in the classroom. Johnathan has implemented the use of a videogame called Portal in his classroom for the past 5 years. ProfWeb published an article about his project at the following link.
- We are members of the Community of Practice on Active Learning committee at LaSalle College. You can read the article about our committee on Profweb here.