CALL FOR NOMINATIONS IS NOW OPEN
Deadline: Tuesday, April 14, 2020, Midnight
The 2020 SALTISE Best Practices & Pedagogical Innovators Award
The SALTISE “Best Practices & Pedagogical Innovators Award” recognizes educators who stand out as leaders in the promotion of academic excellence, use of innovative pedagogies, and support of their academic communities.
A pedagogical innovator motivates students to succeed, uses evidence-based pedagogy to implement active learning approaches in their classroom and contributes to the development of this approach through initiatives in their local setting, including providing workshops, talks, etc., to build and contribute to a community of practice.
Two Awards are available:
- Best Practices & Pedagogical Innovators Award for College Instructors
- Best Practices & Pedagogical Innovators Award for University Instructors
- Instructors must be from a Quebec CÉGEP/college or university, English or French, public or private. Part-time instructors are also eligible.
The instructors may have one or more of the following attributes:
- uses active engagement and/or student-centered pedagogical model to foster deep learning and understanding
- makes a special contribution to their department, program, faculty or institution and/or to the educational community within their local network (e.g., mentors colleagues, gives workshops, presents at conferences, heads up pedagogical communities of practice)
- designs effective and innovative pedagogical and/or technology-based activities that support students’ learning
- is a role model and an inspiration to their local educational community
- is committed to their own professional development and that of others, e.g., offers support through peer-mentorships and other peer coaching opportunities
Nomination submission and criteria:
- Name of nominee
- Institution, Department and/or Program
- If the faculty member represents a group, please provide the names of the other group members
- A brief letter (250 words) describing why the nominee deserves this award.
- Optional: one other letter of support from faculty, staff or administrator (same length). If a student is making the nomination, an accompanying letter from the institution would add to the nomination.
Applications may be in written in English or French.
If you wish to nominate a colleague (or one of your instructors, if you are a student), please complete this form.