Keeping Our Community Connected
Teaching Through a Pandemic: A Mindset for This Moment – Hundreds of teachers, many of them operating in countries where teach-from-home has been in place for weeks, weigh in on the mental approach you need to stay grounded in this difficult time. By Stephen Merrill, Posted on Edutopia.
Advice to those about to teach online because of the corona-virus – By Dr. Tony Bates, posted on: Online Learning and Distance Education Resources.
Overview – How to move your course online
Gathering Information on Remote Teaching and Learning From McGill University, Teaching and Learning Services
Transition to Online Teaching, Guides and Delivery Options
From Concordia University’s Centre for Teaching and Learning:
– Moving your course meetings online
– Adding Audio Narration to PowerPoint Slides
– Using Moodle to Facilitate Learning Activities in Moodle
– Adapting Labs and STEM Courses to the Online environment
Online Teaching Tutorial – Developed by Dawson Teachers Laurent Duval and Chantale Giguère – This 15 minute multi-media tutorial will introduce you to: Online course development, technology choices, advantages and challenges. Continue to the tutorial
- Wondering how to transform your in-class activities into online activities? From McGill University, Teaching and Learning Services
- Online Discussion Board Activity Planning Worksheet from University of Calgary
- Online Course Design Checklist from University of Calgary
The Dawson Active Learning Community (DALC) and the SALTISE community have developed scripts for teachers who want to engage students actively in an online environment:
Check out these videos to see how members of our community use various technologies to engage their students :
- How to Setup Reflective Writing Assignment in Moodle By Chris Whittaker
- How to Create Reflective Writing Questions in myDALITE By Chris Whittaker
- How to use Perusall: An Over view By Carmen Leung
- How to use Visual Classrooms Platform By Magdalena Mlek and Brendan Joyce
- How to Use Span in your Virtual Classroom By Chris Whittaker
- Teaching Remotely and Redesigning Assessments in a Demanding Time from McGill University
- Moving Assessments and Final Exams Online from Concordia University
- Principles and Examples for Shifting Your Teaching and Assessments to a Remote Teaching Environment from McGill University
- Online tools for assessment and engagement in large classes– Featuring SALTISE Community member Ken Ragan
By Christopher Ernst from McGill University
- Beyond Grading: Strategies from McGill Instructors
Dawson College eLearning Community of Practice
For more information go to their website.
Top tips for using PhET sims to support online learning
With many schools shifting to online teaching, we wanted to share these recommendations for ways to use our 158 STEM simulations (83 in HTML5) to support your students’ learning.
Online Curation & Social Annotation @ Vanier
Online curation is increasingly recognized as a necessary life-long skill for managing information overload.
Keep Teaching from University of British Columbia – Includes Tips For Quickly Preparing To Teach Online
Discipline-specific Resources for Remote Instruction from McGill University
Emerging Strategies for COVID-19: Discussion & Resource Sharing
STLHE and its Educational Developers Caucus (EDC) have developed a new website with resources to assist learning institutions with a curated list of resources for teaching and assessment online, convenient links to information on well-being, and links to information on responses by learning institutions – www.keepteaching.ca
Learning community – Linkr
During this difficult time, linkr can provide you with an easy-to-set-up, engaging and interactive online classroom. Linkr is free, safe, and GDPR compliant and offers your class the possibility of engaging with an international community of online educators and learners.
Innovations – myDalite
A free open-source web-based platform that promotes conceptual learning. Teachers can assign questions as out-of-class homework through any learning management system.
Répertoire du travail à distance : Collaboration, Organisation, Support
Les bonnes adresses pour commencer rapidement.