Culturally Sustaining Classroom Assessment - Webinar Oct 22nd, 2021
Exploring how classroom formative and summative assessments can better serve diverse and minoritized learners. This webinar will explore a new approach to classroom assessment that takes into account historical and continuing discrimination. This webinar will explore the practical implications of the five design principles that currently make up the CSCA framework:
- Use sociopolitical controversies to problematize content in instruction and assessments
- Support broad “transfer in” of diverse funds of knowledge and identity via informal assessment of classroom discourse
- Curb undue social authority to decenter culturally dominant experiences and ways of knowing
- Create opportunities for marginalized students to have authority in formal and informal feedback.
- Ensure equitable accountability by holding all students accountable for diverse ways of knowing.
You might also be interested in