2022 SALTISE Support of Pedagogical Innovation, Graduate Student Award
The SALTISE “Student Award recognizes students who stand as contributors to the SALTISE community through the promotion of academic excellence, use of innovative pedagogies in their role as Teaching Assistants (TA), Research Assistants (RA), Course Lecturers, and other tasks that support and/or are consistent with the goals of the SALTISE community.
A candidate for the Award participates in efforts to implement evidence-based student-centered pedagogies, work with faculty pedagogical innovators, participate within teaching and learning fellowship programs, contribute to presentations and development of designed pedagogical materials, etc. They are recognized by faculty (and administrators) for their efforts in supporting and mentoring peers, as fellow learners.
- This year, SALTISE is sponsoring 2 post-secondary student awards-Value: $250/ each
- Student awards will be presented at the SALTISE 2022 conference in June.
- Student must be from a Quebec post-secondary institution, English or French.
- Students must demonstrate their support and/or are consistent with the goals of the SALTISE community as described in the nomination letter.
In addition, students may have one or more of the following attributes:
- Supports the implementation or development of student-centered pedagogies
- Promotes transformative teaching that models practices and thinking of the discipline
- Makes a special contribution to faculty, teaching and learning departments, pedagogical communities of practice (i.e., supports the development of workshops, conference presentations, workings of local communities of practice, etc.)
- Is a mentor to their student groups; an inspiration to their instructors
- Is committed to their own learning about pedagogy and practices that engage in authentic problems and situations
- Promotes the effective use of evidence-based practices and associated technologies
Nomination submission instructions:
- Name of nominee and contact email
- Institution, Department and/or Program
- A brief letter/abstract (250 words) describing why the nominee deserves this award
- Additional nomination letter(s) of support – The nomination should be accompanied by (at least one and at most three) letters of support indicating the extent of the nominee’s contribution to SALTISE.
Applications may be written in English or French.
If you wish to nominate a post-secondary student, please complete the form below.
2022 Student Award Nominations
Past recipients of the SALTISE Support of Pedagogical Innovation Student Award
2021 – Two Students were awarded at our 2021 Conference: Rebecca Brosseau, Master’s student in the Faculty of Education at McGill University & Cynthia Feng who completed her MSc in the Faculty of Science in Biochemistry at McGill University.
2020 – Two Students were awarded at our 2020 Conference: Jasmine Chahal, who completed a PhD in Microbiology and Immunology at McGill University & Franco La Braca, Master’s student in Physics Education at Concordia University
2019 – The SALTISE student award was presented for the first time at the SALTISE 2019 conference to Armin Yazdani, graduate student at McGill University.